Sunday, August 10, 2008

In search of a new gaming mouse

bout three years ago (I think), I treated myself to a really good gaming mouse: the Logitech G7. It had a frikkin' lazer, adjustable DPI (which I actually never used and just ended up reprogramming the buttons for other purposes), and most importantly was cordless with a very clever battery charge and change system.

It was great. But a couple of weeks ago my son managed to break the radio receiver of my brother in law's G7, and so I was left with the burden of having to replace it. I decided that the best thing to do would be to let him have mine, and get myself a new one.

Now, I figure it would be foolish of me to simply go out and buy another G7, since it has been three years since I bought that mouse, and things could have come a long way in the meantime.

So I have been looking around, and to be honest really haven't seen anything of interest at all.

Logitech have the new G9 which looks interesting with its interchangable grips, but it has a cord. I really don't like a cord when I'm playing games as they always tend to snag on things at the most inopportune time.

Razer are a well-known gaming mouse brand, but they don't seem to have any cordless options at all. Microsoft are a company I'd rather avoid, but in any case they don't have a cordless gaming option either.

It is starting to look like the G7 really is still the mouse for me, but just in case there is something out there I have missed, I thought I'd see if anybody out there has any recommendations?

No comments: